Saturday, February 20, 2010

Should this hair color correction be done for free?

I went into a Regis salon for the first time today for a weave and a trim. My hair is mostly gray, so the stylist did blond highlights with darker lowlights to the top and framing my face. Totally happy with the color and cut, EXCEPT for one spot, over my left ear.





When I left the salon, my hair was styled in such a way that I didn't notice any problems. But after I got to the car I lifted up my growing-out bangs to see what it would look like with my bangs clipped back, the way I often wear it. And there above my ear is this HUGE chunk of really blond highlight with a horrible-looking diagonal stripe of the darker color cutting across it. It looks awful and it's totally visible with my bangs clipped back!





Is this something I should be able to get corrected free of charge? I'd like to go back in tomorrow and politely insist that it be fixed, but I don't know what the norm is.





This salon and stylist are new for me, and I paid $145 for the color and cut. I don't want to seem like a b***h, but on the other hand this looks pretty bad! I liked the job except for this section; on the other hand there's no way she wouldn't have noticed this, and she didn't point it out and offer to correct it, even though she didn't have any clients waiting.





What do you think?Should this hair color correction be done for free?
I have worked in a hair salon for awhile and seen plenty of ';bitchy customers'; and the ones who come in for a color corrections are NOT one of them!





It is good that you noticed, so go back in (or call), tell them what you had done and show them what you want fixed and ask them what the fee for a ';quick color fix'; would be. They should say it is free, all good hair salons want to keep their customers, and a small touch-up like that is nothing.





Definitely not a b*tchy thing to do!Should this hair color correction be done for free?
i think that you should go back.


i mean all you have to do is tell them that the bangs are not how you like them because you like clip them back...dont worry you are not being a b***h by doing this, its just the facts. Make sure you tell them though that you love the rest its just that one part.

No comments:

Post a Comment