Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hair Color Correction?

Here's what happened: I dyed my medium brown hair with Feria's light golden brown in January. It really didn't do too much to my hair except add some orange/red to my hair, unevenly at that. So stupid me, I decided to dye it again the same color. Again, it did nothing except add some more orange/red to my hair. It lightened it some so after about a month, I decided to dye it again. I used Feria again, but went with the lightest golden blonde. I thought it would be smart to use the same base color so my hair wouldn't turn an ugly gray or green and it obviously added WAY too much orange again! Right away I went to the hairdresser who said highlights would work to fix the problem without dying the whole head over which it didn't. So now I have copper/ginger hair with yellow/gold highlights. I've already bought Clairols shimmering lights and it didn't work that well. I know I've been damaging my hair a lot so I've been doing a lot of olive oil, almond oil treatments and bought a protein conditioner and did an egg mask to try to rebuild my hair. I still have this color that needs to be fixed. Its been at least a month since the last color/highlights. My hair is still very frizzy when it dries out and HAS to have oil/gloss on it to make it smooth. I've been letting my hair air dry. Should I wait longer to fix it? Am I doing to many hair treatments? On a weekly schedule, I do 2 oil treatments, 2 protein masks (egg or protein conditioner) and 2 moisturizing treatments (moisturizing conditioner and cholestorol). If I can fix it now, should I dye it darker (although I really want lighter), use a toner (which I have innocent ivory born blonde toner with violet base - blue for the orange in my hair and purple for the yellow = violet) and born blonde isnt mixed with developer and has no ammonia or peroxide or bleach the whole head one last time to get what I ultimately want, blonde. What is the best way with the least damage? I just want a pretty color and after that only want to touch up my roots. Believe it or not, b4 this i haven't dyed my hair in over 2 years! It was all natural color.Hair Color Correction?
I think you should give your hair a break from coloring it. Coloring your hair now will cause damage and possibly breakage, wait until your hair is healthy again. I put color in my hair and wasnt't happy with the results. I used Paul Mitchell's Shampoo Two in my hair. I shampooed my hair with it everyday for a week and used a good conditioner each time. This helped a lot. You can also go to Sally's to see if they can guide you with color correction. I would hold off on all of those treatments. It's like they say, ';Too much of a good thing.';. I hope this helps. Good luck.Hair Color Correction?
I feel your pain, I did almost the same thing! One option you have is to go to the salon and have a demi/semi permanent dye done. It is not nearly as damaging to your hair as normal dye! Tt can't lighten your hair though...it only deposits color- does not lift it. If your hair is really porous from the damage, you may want to use protein filler (from Sally's ive heard) on your hair before getting it dyed to make sure the color sticks. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment