Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hair color correction?

I have been dying my hair every 3-4 months for the last two years. Four months ago I dyed my hair black with the natural instincts by clairol. It says that it was suppose to wash out in about a month but it hasn't. I want to go to a professional to have my hair dyed back to my natural color which is a dark brown. Since the product I used was semi-permanent will they be able to just dye it brown or will they have to strip it? I want something that will be the least damaging to my hair. Any opinions?Hair color correction?
I know this sounds crazy, but....


when i dyed my hair black accidentally, i was told by a hair professional that dandruff shampoos strip the colour away - particularly 'head and shoulders'.


So i used it everyday and sure enough it fades! i used a PERMANENT colour but now my hair is back to light brown in less than 2months. otherwise yes the hairdresser would have to strip it.Hair color correction?
I'm thinking (without seeing your hair) what might have happened is that since you color your hair every 3-4 months, that your ends are porous and have grabbed the color.





They can get your hair back to what it was, but my guess is that they will have to lighten the ends, color the hair on the roots first, then the last 4-5 mins. put the color on the ends.





You should be doing touch-up color this way too, so your ends won't grab color in the future. And get all the porous ends trimmed off of your hair, or you'll most likely run into this problem again.





Hope this helps you out!
just make sure u go to the new color step by step and cut off split ends. i cringe at split ends. i love my hair and i have dyed it sense i was in 3rd grade. have fun and hope it lookes good.
they should be able to dye it back
They might have to strip it if it is still really black.

No comments:

Post a Comment